Monday, May 4, 2015

Desolate

You were an empty parking lot just after sunset. There was something romantic about your emptiness. You weren’t sad or happy you were empty and ready to be filled by something real. You said you had a problem with apathy. I know now that you meant other peoples apathy not your own. You were a full moon, never quite as brilliant as the sun but still something to be worshiped. And worship you I did. You weren’t just the moon, you were the sun and the stars and I would have flown to the moon if you had asked me to. You never wanted to believe it, but there was something magnetic about you. You drew people close to you, sometimes the right people, and sometimes the wrong people. I was pulled into your orbit but somehow you shook me loose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment